Friday, May 3, 2013

this is week four... I think.


So, I may not know how many weeks I've been out. But I know It's been 32 days! I think...
 
First things first, Happy Birthday tomorrow to Matthew! 15 is a good age to be. Don't waste it!
Next, Happy Birthday in two days to Hillary the Graduate with a job! Don't stress kiddo, it only makes things harder.
 
 
So, this week was a little bit shorter because on Tuesday I was smitten with a terrible cough. We decided that it would be detrimental to our efforts if people thought that we didn't care enough to keep our germs to ourselves thank you very much.
 
Also, I believe I mentioned that We would be having dinner with a certain person who in my opinion is completely awesome. This did not happen because he had to be away on business. What a champ.
 
Basically the whole week was spent trying to find people to teach. We did teach a lesson to our Irish investigator: George. That's about it.
 
Some of our finding efforts turned us to people who had met with the missionaries in the past but were taking a break for a while. Chris was one of those people. We had an interesting discussion about the three degrees of heaven on his doorstep and encouraged him to read D & C 76 if he wanted answers. Knowing full well that it would only raise more questions than it will answer. He is an interesting character. He likes reading the Koran and Bible and comparing them for fun.
 
Earlier we had stopped by Chris' next door neighbor, whose parents are members. We think he will want to talk to us. As soon as he heals up enough, maybe next weekend. Stay tuned for the story of John.
 
Now we get to the part of the story that I really want to talk about.
 
We were at a dinner last night out in the middle of nowhere. Except unlike in Utah, the middle of nowhere is in the middle of a forest. With massive hills that our TIWI yells at us for a lot. (TIWI is a box in our car that yells at us when we drive naughty. He especially doesn't like it when we go too fast. Which is hard not to do when you are driving down hills that would be better suited at a ski resort.) Such a beautiful place I live in. I would seriously consider living somewhere very similar when I am old and wealthy. VERY WEALTHY. These houses and properties are rediculous.
 
Anyways, we stopped by a former who lived on the other side of a particularly large hill. She's not been home very often when we try to stop by, but we use her as an excuse to drive these hills.
 
Last night, she was home. She is a devout Catholic, like she goes to DAILY Mass. We had a half hour discussion with her about what she believes will happen in the last days. She referenced a lot of people on the internet who supposedly predicted things like the last pope being german and then his retirement and this lady has other predictions which sound an aweful lot like some things that we believe will happen. I.E. The great and abominable church and so forth.
 
I tell you this to tell you that she is an interesting lady who wants to know what our take is. We mentioned the D & C and she asked for a copy, so we have a return visit with her... Sort of...
 
The reason I tell you this story is so that I can exhort Matt and Mark to get patriarchal blessings. Everything it says in there pertains to this life.
To everyone else, read yours. They will help you, even if you didn't know you needed help.
 
Mine helped me yesterday.
 
I was having some questions and doubts and even though I didn't look at it, it gave me some advice for what I should do when in those situations. So i did, and all my doubts went away.
 
A big thing that I learned from this experience is to BE PATIENT. What's sad is that this is the second time that I've learned this lesson on my mission. Things don't happen right when you want them to all the time. Do your best, the Lord will take care of the rest. Keep your chin up. Do work!
 
I love and miss you all! Don't look foreward to the days, minutes, hours, weeks, months, years to come. Look foreward to the moments that take your breath away!
 
These words of wisdom are funded in part by
The Elder T
Love you all:
T Whiting, the Elder.

No comments:

Post a Comment