Monday, June 10, 2013

Party with Phillippino's

I thought I would lead off this week with a dream that I had last night.
 
I had just arrived in Canada. All of our gear was loaded onto this bus which would take us to our areas. We got onto a dirt road, which eventually led up to a REALLY steep hill. The bus driver made us all get out while he tried to climb it. He tried, didn't get up very far, started to try again when a police man came up behind us and started yelling at the bus driver to take the path that led up at an angle which the bus hadn't noticed, (nor had I) until it was pointed out. Apparently, the policeman was a mormon because he was talking to mission pres. like a friend. Then, they started talking about patriarchal blessings. The police man turned to me, looked me in the eyes and said, "missionaries should read their patriarchal blessings every week" Okay big, scary, police man. I get the point.
 
Big birthday shout out to Christian Anthony Silva! The coolest cat-fish I know! If you get a big white package in the mail that says "Elder Silva" we'll call that my bday present to you k? k.
 
This week we almost hit standards! (Standards are mission wide goals that we strive toward reaching every week.) If we could have gotten people to come to church we would have, oh well, try again.
 
Highlights:
 
There is a family in the ward who were baptized just under two years ago. Four weeks ago, they brought some friends of theirs to church. Those friends have come every week since them but the family, (The Rizzi's) wouldn't let us teach them until they got more comfortable. Sunday, we got the green light! Future looks bright for us. Especially because June is a big month for missionaries and we are looking to break a mission record for most baptisms in a single month. So, every companionship wants to contribute, in fact our zone leaders made us make a commitment that we would participate in "the harvest"
 
Highlight number two, a member has a significant other, who wants her to marry him, she won't give in unless he learns about the church, then they will reevaluate. So, lucky us, we get to teach him about the church. He's a rough guy, it could get hairy. Good thing we're not the real teachers eh?
 
We went to a less active phillipino lady's for lunch on Saturday. She was having a party with a lot of phillipino friends for her boyfriend's birthday. (He and Elder binford and I were the only white people there for a long time) Basically, the food was really good! They had all kinds of different things that they cooked on the barbeque that I think were chicken and beef but you never know with different cultures. I doubt it was crazy like dog or something, but it was still fun! I also think there might have been some squid in another dish that we had. My favorite though, was the Tilapia. They had fried it. Not fillet. This thing still had scales and bones and eyeballs and lips. You just picked the meat off of it. So tasty. So much fun. Which leads me to ask, where/when exactly did uncle Mike serve? I mentioned that he had, and they all went berserk asking me and I was embarrassed not to know wo now I have to repent.
 
I love you all!
Only 21 more fast sundays!
 
Love,
Elder T

No comments:

Post a Comment